There are several explicit statements that begin the thirty seventh Psalm The first eight verses really define what a Christian should be.
- Fret Not
- Trust in the Lord
- Delight thyself also in the Lord
- Commit thy way unto the Lord
- Rest in the Lord
- Cease from anger and forsake wrath.
Let me cover this real quick.
- Do not let the success of the wicked bother you, because their end is terrible.
- Trust in the Lord because He will always stand with His faithful servants to protect and bless them.
- Be happy that you are a child of the King and receive His blessings and an inheritance that fadeth not away.
- Give yourself completely to the Lord. Allow Him to direct your path through the pitfalls of this degenerate world.
- Take a break in the Lord, not from the Lord. Get away from the noise and bustle of the world. Settle into the arms of the Lord and find rest and peace.
- Quit being mad at everyone. Realize your own faults and failures and you can better understand that others are not perfect. Get over yourself.