No more important subject can occupy our minds, since most men have false concepts about the return of Jesus. Some believe that it is His coming when one dies. Others believe that He comes every time one is saved. Such ideas, if true, would make it necessary for many returns and would destroy hope of His coming again (Titus 2:13). Some have set dates for His return and we must not fall into that error. Nonetheless, the Bible does teach that Jesus is coming back to the earth again.
I. THE FACT STATED, – “I will come again” (John 14:3).
II. CONDITIONS PREVAILING ON EARTH AT THE TIME OF HIS COMING AGAIN.
It is a mistake to think the church will take the world for Christ before He comes again. Post-millennialists teach this. What does the Bible teach?
1. It will be as it was in the days of Noah (Matt. 24:36-42).
2. There will be scoffers and unbelief (II Peter 3:1-8).
3. There will come a falling away before that day (II Thess. 2:3,4).
4: Formalism in religion will prevail, and there will be a general break-down of morals and true religious principles of righteousness (II Timothy 3:1-5).
5. There will be a Laodicean condition in the churches (Rev. 3:14-22).
6. The fig tree sign will be plain (Matt. 24:32-35; Jer. 24:1-5).
7. The man of sin will arise to afflict the people of God (II Thess. 2:3-13; Rev. 13:6-18).
III. JESUS IS COMING FOR HIS SAINTS.
1. Resurrection and rapture (I Thess. 4:13-18; I John 3:1,2; I Cor. 15:51-57).
2. Heavenly Activity.
a. Judgement for reward (II Cor. 5:10; Rom. 14:10; I Cor. 3:11-15).
b. Marriage of the Lamb (Rev. 19:7,8).
3. Earthly Activity.
a. The rise of the man of sin (II Thess. 2:3-12; Dan. 11:21).
b. A peace pact made with the Jews. (Dan. 9:26,27).
c. A one-world religion (Rev. 17).
d. A one-world government will be associated with a one-world religion (Rev. 18).
e. Peace pact broken (Dan. 9:27), and Antichrist sits in the temple saying he is God (II Thess. 2:4).
f. God’s vials of wrath poured out upon the earth (Re. chapters 15,16).
IV. JESUS IS COMING WITH HIS SAINTS.
1. Jude 14 Zechariah 14:5.
2. At His coming with His saints, He will put an end to the battle of Armageddon (Zech. 14:1-4; Rev. 19:11-21).
3. He shall judge the nations (Zech. 14:4; Matt. 25:32; Joel 3:2, 9-16).
4. This will clear the way for the millennium (Ezekiel 39:12-14, 17-24).
V. THE MILLENNIUM IS TO FOLLOW (REV. 20:1-6).