Nature of Sin – Romans 6:12
is: – Rom. – 6:16
is a Fact – Gen. 4:7
- A fact of experience. – I experience it in my own heart.
- A fact of observation. – I see sin in others
fact of revelation. – Sin is revealed in the Bible – Genesis
- The policeman pursues it.
- The physicians prescribes because of it.,
- The law discovers it.
- Conscience condemns it.
- God punishes it.
- Nobody likes to say “Commit it.”
may be defined but cannot be explained. – John 8:34
- To explain sin is to explain it away.
- Sin had no place in the original creation.
- Sin is a parasite that sucks the soul dry.
- Sin made its appearance in a garden of delights.
is: – John 16:8 – “And when he is
come, he will reprove the world of sin.
- A Cheat. – It promises pleasure and pays off in pain.
- A deceiver. – It promises life and pays off in death.
- A destroyer. – It promises profit and pays off in poverty.
- Moses looked at sin and chose to suffer affliction with the people of God, rather than enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season.
- Sin is a Fact – Gen. 4:7
- “Sin is any lack of conformity to, or transgression of the law of God.”
- “Sin is any lack of conformity to the law of God, whether in act, disposition, or state.”
- The Apostle John: “Sin is the transgression of the law” – I John 3:4b
- Sin is violation of the moral law of God and cries out for just retribution.
is: – John 16:9
- Missed the Mark in rejecting the Son.
- Missed the Mark in serving after salvation.
- Missed the Mark in faithfulness.
- Man turning aside. –Isaiah 53:6
- In authority – you bought with a price. – I Peter 1:18,19
- Adam and Eve decided to become independent of God and create their own law.
- They rejected the law of God and became a law unto themselves.
- Missing The Mark.
Reality of Sin
- Ask Adam if sin is real in his loss of Eden.
- Ask Cain if sin is real in his cry – “My punishment is greater than I can bear.
- Ask David when we hear him say – “I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.”
Potentiality of Sin
- The sin committed reveals a heart of rebellion.
- The sin committed reveals a mind bent to the world.
- The Reality of Sin
Forgiven through a Mediator. – Romans 5:15
- Sin is God’s competitor
- The Savior is God’s Mediator –
- The First Adam Competed with God for Sovereignty and ruined us all. – I Corinthians 15:45
- The last Adam, Jesus Christ, cooperated with God for our salvation.
- The first Adam said – “I will.” – Genesis 3:6 – “He did eat.”
- The last Adam said – “Not my will, but thy will be done.” – Matthew 26:39
- The last Adam said -: I delight to do thy will, O God.” – Psalm 40:8
- God’s will led Him along the rough road of suffering through gloomy Gethsemane to bloody Calvary where Jesus cried – “It is Finished.” – John 19:30
- Sin is: – Rom. – 6:16
Romans – 6:11-14